Sunday, May 31, 2009

What's Your Favorite Food?


On Saturday we received a letter from Astrid with a drawing on the back below the translation. It was cute that she asked me what my favorite food is. Many of the foods I like are from different cultures that she may not have an opportunity to try herself. It’s easy for me to take for granted that I can have Italian pizza for lunch and Thai Curry Chicken for dinner. And it is even easier to take for granted that my family always has a full pantry, refrigerator and satisfied tummies. When Alex read the letter he said that he thought I had sent a lot of letters since she mentions that I had sent 6. But that is over a period of time and I firmly believe that my letters are very important to the children we sponsor. It is a priority for me each month to write and share pieces of my faith and Christianity with them. I spoke with a Compassion International representative recently and he shared that up to 70 people could read a single letter from me once it is in the kids hands. They share their letters with classmates, teachers, friends, family, neighbors etc. I had no idea that so many people would read my humble ramblings. I figured maybe they would share them with their family but it never occurred to me that so many would be touched by my letters. Again another humbling Compassion International experience.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails