Sunday, August 22, 2010

Summer of Hope - Finding Families for Orphans



Although this blog focuses significantly on my families involvement with Compassion International I believe that it is also the perfect forum for compassion in general. I like to feature other charities that speak to my heart and mind from time to time.

Recently on the local Christian radio station I learned about Summer of Hope. The Summer of Hope ministry brings older orphans (ages 8-15) from various countries to the U.S. during July to experience family life, fun, and love with a Christian host family, and give them hope for their future. The organization helps the children meet Christian families in the Treasure Valley and elsewhere who often end up adopting, mentoring, or staying connected to them for life. What an amazing ministry. I can't imagine how scary it would be to grow up without a family as an orphan. I will have to find a way to help support this ministry that doesn't scare Anthony. I think if I had my way our home would be over run with every charity that crossed my path. And the two that always hit me the hardest are animals and children.

http://summerofhope.org

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails