Sunday, April 18, 2010

Eagle UMC - Compassion Sunday - April 11th





I was overwhelmed on April 11th by the blessings that God bestowed on the children's packets that we were entrusted with. I am in awe of the hearts he opened and the difference that our church family will make in Tanzania. We started the morning with 15 children of God needing sponsorship. I received back 14 completed forms and one packet that went home without the form returning to me. I am counting it as 15 total sponsorships! We were so abundantly blessed that many families left with only a brochure who wanted to sponsor a child and I have even been challenged by one member to see if I can find an additional child from the same project for their family to sponsor.

I spoke with the Advocates group at Compassion last Monday and I have put in an order request for 2 additional packets from the project in Tanzania (TZ313). Basically all packets for that project are out at other events, churches and/or on their web site right now. In total that project serves about 130 children. As soon as those packets expire (usually 6 weeks or less) the kids come back into the system. Each week the advocates will search for me to see if any of the other children from that project are available because they have not been sponsored. As soon as they locate them (if there are any who are available) they will send them to me. I already have a guaranteed sponsor for one and I am sure we can find a sponsor from our wonderful church family if they can locate a second packet from the same project.

Another option if anyone would like to sponsor from that specific project is they can call Compassion directly at (800) 336-7676 and request to sponsor a child from (TZ313). Again if and when a child becomes available they are sent the packet directly. I have to go through the Advocates network because if I request it the same way that someone else does it would be assigned to me personally as another sponsorship for our family.

A big thank you to our Mission Committee at EUMC for their prayers for these children prior to Compassion Sunday. It really made the difference! I wish I could be in Tanzania to see their faces when they learn that they have been sponsored and start receiving their first letters from our church family. It just gives me goose bumps to think about! God it great!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails