Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Welcome Loubentz Papouloute


Recently we lost our sponsorships of Astrid and Lidia from Guatemala. I am hosting a Compassion Sunday event at Eagle UMC on April 29th and knew that I would be receiving the children's packets prior to the event. In a bit of a mix up Compassion sent me 15 children's packets that actually expire 2 days before my event. I called Compassion and they are sending me an additional 15 packets prior to the event but they have left me with the original 15 in case there is anyone who would like to sponsor from this original shipment. I am hopeful that a few of them will be sponsored prior to the next shipment of packets arriving.

I have prayed over the children and have reviewed each packet and felt compelled to sponsor Loubentz Papouloute from Haiti. Loubentz is 8 years old and was born November 13, 2003. He lives with his aunt and there are three children in the family. His mother is alive and he has no father in the picture. Loubentz is doing above average work in school and he loves to play soccer.

Haiti is one of the most densely populated and poorest countries in the world. Historically Haiti has been plagued by political violence. I am looking forward to writing to Loubentz this week to share Gods love with him and to offer him encouragement and support. It was difficult for me to select just one child from the 15 packets but I will continue to pray that hearts will be opened for additional sponsorships. Loubentz welcome to the family!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails