Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Compassion Letter Writing - Every Other Friday


The most important gift and ministry we provide to our sponsored Compassion children are the letters we send to them. I am a very faithful writer for our family. In addition to the letters I draft I pray over their content and message each and ever day. I feel that my letters are drafted through our Heavenly Father instead of being penned by my hand. In addition to my letters I send lots of cards, pictures, stickers, flash cards, book markers etc. I believe in the power of the letters so strongly that in addition to being a traditional sponsor to three children I am also a correspondent sponsor to two additional children and am on the waiting list for a third child in need.

Compassion offers many resources to help sponsors become prolific letter writers with tips and blogs dedicated to letter writing. A new movement that has surfaced is the challenge to write to our children every other Friday instead of only responding to our kids after we receive a letter. I have always written with or without letters in hand so this is a natural fit for me. I hope that all sponsors will consider increasing the number of letters they send as a New Years Resolution for 2011.

Here are some great links to check out:

Compassion Letter Writing Club - http://blog.compassion.com/letter-writing-club/

Connect With Your Child by Writing Letters - http://www.compassion.com/sponsordonor/connect-with-your-child/letters/connect-with-your-child-by-writing-letters.htm

Virtual Child Sponsorship Letter Writing Night Blog (Our Compassion.org) - http://www.ourcompassion.org/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails